Are you a hardworking, tech savvy Software Developer looking for an exciting coding career? Do you have fresh ideas to create web and mobile software products and want to see immediate results? If so, apply today! We are hiring 2 self-motivated full-stack software engineers to join us on our journey to connect energy-intensive assets globally. We offer strong technical mentorship, a competitive salary and benefits, flexible working hours, and a casual office environment. You will be an important part of a fast-growing team working closely with fellow team members in seven countries who are changing the way the world’s most critical energy infrastructure is managed.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Front-end and back-end development of web and mobile software products using Microsoft technologies (.NET, C#, SQL Server)
- Enhance, maintain, and support existing web and mobile application products
- Improve and support RESTful APIs for existing products
- Assist in design and development of new web and mobile applications
- Engage in product testing
- Fluent in English with strong written and spoken communications skills
- Motivated to learn and be a trusted team member
- Seek to understand requirements and meet deadlines
- Diploma / Degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering
- Minimum 2 years of related software engineering work experience
- Good knowledge of using Visual Studio and Team Foundation Services
- Understanding of web application development/Microsoft IIS and Microsoft SQL Server
- Strong ASP.NET/MVC/C#, and SQL Query skills
- Singapore citizens or permanent residents (PR)
Nice to haves:
- Familiar with Xamarin.Forms, Restful API architecture and .NET Core
- Our close-knit team works in a serviced office environment in Suntec City. Please apply only if this office environment suits you!
- International travel may be required
- Please note that you may be invited to take a technical test during the interview
You are smart, quick on your feet, and comfortable adapting to any situation with a talent for “figuring it out” and getting stuff done. You are a self-starter and self-directed, with the ability to navigate and act inclusively and collaboratively in an organization that brings together many different perspectives and skill sets from all over the world.
mCloud is unlocking the untapped potential of energy-intensive assets using IoT, AI, and the cloud. We operate three lines of business, connecting and optimizing assets like HVAC units in commercial buildings, wind turbines in renewable energy, and the control systems at process industry facilities. We’re a global company, headquartered in Calgary with a presence across North America, the UK and continental Europe, the Middle East, Southeast Asia, and China.
Today, we connect and manage over 59,000 energy assets through our AssetCare™️ platform. We help our customers double asset productivity, reduce their asset energy consumption by up to 25%, and triple the speed at which they are able to respond to the unexpected. mCloud helps eliminate about 80,000 tons in greenhouse gas emissions every year – or the same amount of GHG emitted by 18,000 passenger cars on the road.
Solving the world’s most challenging energy problems is hard work – it takes dedicated, talented, and innovative people working together as one team to make it all happen. We are a team, which means "we" comes before "me." And we are driven to deliver measurable, bottom-line results for our customers everywhere through our technology. We get stuff done and we have fun doing it! Why you want to join our team: If you want to be part of an elite team with the ambition to become Canada’s next big unicorn tech company, mCloud is the place for you. We are a team that helps one another succeed and thrive – you will get the autonomy, support, and flexibility you need to be successful from every part of our business.
Why you shouldn't join our team:
We are busy! We work hard. We are a global company, so our hours are not standard. Sometimes you have to be up really early or work really late to meet with people in different time zones, but with that comes flexibility.
Our expectations are incredibly high. This is not an organization where you can hide or not constantly be driving for results.
No day is ever the same, and most days, you come in with a list of things to do, and then something happens, and you need to pivot.
We do not tolerate people who are only in it for themselves. We are a team, and we are all in the business of helping those around us succeed. We expect and demand nothing less.
Our application process is robust, and in addition to your resume, we ask you to share your cover letter answering the questions below. Those who are brave enough to do a video cover letter will get extra attention, we find videos allow you to shine in a way that does not always come across on paper. Please send us a brief (4 minutes max) video answering the following questions:
- Introduce yourself and give us one fun fact about you (could be anything - don't sweat it, just share something fun).
- Why are you interested in joining the mCloud team?
- What interests you most about this role and how could you immediately contribute?
Once we've received your application, we will review it and reach out to candidates selected to continue with our recruitment process. Our interview process is just as robust as the application process. Successful candidates can expect a structured team interview process that ensures all candidates have the same opportunity to succeed. We appreciate the time it takes you to apply and thank you for your interest in joining our team!
Closing Date: June 30th, 2021