Intermediate/Senior Electrical & Instrumentation Engineer will be involved in the design of and will provide some technical oversight activities associated with industrial control systems, and low to medium voltage power distribution design. The successful candidate will have leadership attributes, with sound communication skills, and be technically well founded in depth and breadth of knowledge.
- Perform electrical engineering and lead small groups of designers, junior/intermediate engineers/technologists and CAD personnel in the design of electrical power distribution systems in pulp & paper, chemical, mining/milling or oil sands facilities. Plant systems include Low to Medium voltage cable systems, switching equipment, transformers and protection/control, as well as motor control, plant lighting, and grounding.
- Perform electrical engineering and lead small groups of designers, junior/intermediate engineers/technologists and CAD personnel in the design of drawings for construction of the physical components of automation systems including, but not limited to the following:
- DCS/PLC/RTU/SIS hardware design
- Control panel layout & design
- Low voltage power distribution systems
- I/O wiring
- Loop drawings
- Fieldbus design
- UPS design
- Control console design
- Prepare technical reports and Client correspondences/presentations.
- Perform in the preparation of detailed specifications and contract documents for procurement of major electrical equipment as well as construction document packages .
- Perform in the preparation of the technical portions of Procurement documents (RFQs, POs), and review equipment tenders and vendor documents.
- Perform in the coordination of project activities.
- Visits to project sites and other design offices for project related activities as required, including commissioning and startup support.
- Project budget/schedule responsibilities.
- Provide leadership, mentorship and development to junior engineers, technologist and designers.
- 4-10 years applicable electrical engineering experience.
- Detailed knowledge of the Canadian Electrical code and additional industry standards.
- Significant field experience and knowledge is an asset.
- Canadian citizen or permanent resident.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license, and available to travel to client’s site.
- Required to live or relocate to the Grande Prairie region.
Additional value skills
- Area Classification Study capabilities;
- Certified Assistant in Project Management (CAPM);
- Cost estimating (construction, engineering and equipment);
- Proficient with ETAP or SKM software;
- Knowledge of the NEC, IEC and other industry codes;
- Onsite construction management/engineering support;
- Industry contacts and affiliations with technical associations;
- Business development skills.
Closing Date: February 28, 2021